Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts
  • Handphone:0903439760

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:13 PM

Flying with disabled friends
Monday, August 2, 2010 at 5:05pmPosted Image
Every  now and then we organise tandem flights for disabled.

Last time, a couple  of weeks ago, a guy asked if he could meanwhile take his prosthesis off, get  ready, and fly with me next. Of course I said ok, after I finish this flight  I'll be with you to fly.

When I landed, I saw his prosthesis laying near  take off, and him ready to go. I felt so ignorant and small, so unattentive and  speechless.
But that's not the point. That was only me.

I had to  tell him that we couldn't strap him in on our harnasses as a passenger, so we  asked him to wait next day to go fly with paramotor trike.

Next day again  he was first in line to have a go on flying.

The eagerness of this  gentleman, the greed to live, the solidarity amongst themselves was again so  huge. Waiting to join in to fly, 35 degrees, hardly shade. I loved  it.

I have doubted to put this on my blog, but after a couple of  weeks still thinking about it, I had to share my thoughts, about my experience  again with these lovely people. Whenever I feel like being grumpy, or  complaining, I think about it.

Man, there are so many beautiful, great and  strong people out there. These guys and girls were strong and  eager.
Sometimes we should think, what the fuck are we complaining about.

http://www.facebook....ds/406249827241

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users